Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have to do your homework for any team you consider. There is a lot of truth on this board but a lot of false information as well. Most important you have to be realistic about your kid and his abilities and potential. He may not be ready to make the next step. He could be ready too. What the better teams are looking for is size (AA and A teams are probably looking for kids 5 foot 7 and over and fast to make a change on what they already have), speed and lax IQ. Not everyone is ready for AA because those games are so much faster and very rough compared to the A games and B games. A games are much faster and more physical than B games. Also you have to check your ego at the door and pick a team where your son will play a lot and compete. To answer your question the grass could be greener if you do your homework and investigate the team, be realistic about your son's abilities and don't let your ego have any influence on what team you choose. Most bad situations are caused by the parents not following these simple rules when choosing a team rather than the team doing a bad job. good luck.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok so the season is over, who is going to look for greener pastures? My little Johnny played for the fluorescent green team (or one of the many **** teams). He got good play time and the parents were good but I don't feel his IQ or his skill level increased. Do I move on in hopes that he makes a better team and gets play time or continue with the current team. This is our second year of travel, is there greener pastures?

Well said. I would stick with the teams that you know people on already. Some teams recruit like crazy, and then only play the top 13 out of 22 kids. I can't see plunking down that kind of cash just to say that my kid plays on X team. Go to the tryouts, talk to the parents that are there. You will meet some real winners who think that Johnny is the next Rabil and is too good for any team, and you will meet parents that just want their kids to have fun and get ready to play at the HS level. Good luck!