This World Series thing has already become a complete joke. Leave it up to the influential lacrosse coaches, directors, etc...to screw it up in only 1 year. You know who they are!

They managed to create a controversial event in only the second year of its existence. Total waste of time and money. It has already means nothing!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think that he meant Blaze won't be in the tournament. I heard that they were holding tryouts of all of the 2020 & 2021 kids who were interested in playing in the World Series. Not sure what the status of that is, but it is odd that they would lobby for rules that would force them to put together a whole new team because they don't have many holdbacks. As far as size, my son tried out and was one of the bigger kids, and he is a September 2003 birthday, so not sure how you can say that there was a huge size difference with holdbacks on Blaze.

Surprised you didn't observe that, you must have been on a different field rotation. My son is on the taller side of his class with summer 2003 birthday. Definitely not big or mature for his age.

The size difference was more than obvious at tryouts. There was a good half foot advantage on at least 6 very mature guys (twice the leg circumference with hair) who easily could outrun most of the boys. South shore kids, I understood, through conversations on sidelines with parents who knew them. What is the phrase over there? "It is what it is"? Cause it's not the salt air.

Play on! (Hey, if you don't challenge yourself, there won't be growth.)

Agreed! Maybe because my kid is one of the bigger kids, I don't pick up on that. I did notice there were several who were more mature. I don't want to hold my kid back, because what will he get out of it? A $10k scholarship for a $50k school. Let him play with the kids he will graduate with, and know that he is competing against kids a year older. He will be a better man because of it.