Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any thoughts on the Warrior All America Games? Sounds like a great experience if you kid makes the team or am I just paying for gear.

We did it last year. Great experience, but pricey. They do give you a ton of gear for your money though!

Gear like a helmet they can’t wear very much after it’s all over. $2000/2500 for the weekend plus tryouts when you calculate it all.

I think everyone has mentioned that it's expensive, but well worth it if you can swing it. I did it with my family last year and it probably cost $1500-$1800 all in (with tryout, tournamant, hotel, food and travel, etc...). I've spent more for less on more than one occasion. I did the Brine with my older son and it was about the same cost and not run as well. Warrior was much more of a bonding experience.

I agree it's a good value, as far as all of the gear you get for the money. And it was a fun weekend for the boys, getting to play along side kids they normally compete against. But there are several problems with it. It is one expensive tournament that your kids really won't get anything out of, besides having a little fun. There's alot of kids on the roster, so playing time is somewhat limited. It is NOT a national tournament, as it is billed. Absolutely NOTHING CLOSE. Mostly Long Island kids and that's why they are spliitting LI up into two to three teams this year, which makes no sense relative to how they are selling the tournament... region bragging rights as best youth region in the county. The tournament is definitely NOT that. There was some decent talent last year, but I have to say that my sons travel club was better. This year there will not be anywhere near the talent they had last year, as everyone I am aware of is not doing it this year.

Yeah, they said that last year and all went scurrying at the last minute to register. FOMO. Fear of Missing Out.