Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by BOTCAdmin
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BOTCAdmin,
Why not just eliminate Anonymous posts and make posts come under screenames? That might get rid of some keyboard cowboys talking about kids. Just a thought.

Great question and thought.

We are actually going to be changing the 'permissions' so that everyone that posts either has to have a screen name like you suggested or at the very least, myself & BOTC moderators will know who the Anonymous poster is to help filter what some of these folks say. Thoughts on those proposals anyone? Your feedback is important to us.

I don't see the point in the screen name.... if someone is a loser troll, theyll just post under some non-descript name that doesn't identify them.

I'd rather see BOTC embarrass the posters who put out the tough guy/derogatory comments

I agree with you both - it's a double edge sword per se' but if we were to change the permissions and make everyone register with a display name/screen name, we would hope this would stop the derogatory comments but still allow people to share their experiences and opinions as this is your 5th amendment right but if there is a post attacking a child, making false accusations, defaming a person/company, etc., we then will know who the poster is and take action accordingly.