Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All negativity aside, it looks like Columbus Day is going to be a great start to the year. Geese, Express and Ducks all facing off right out of the gate! Great to see the top teams playing each other in an awesome local tourney! Add to that 24, O’Reilly and Blue Devils and I’m expecting some great lacrosse. Forget about all of the garbage around which team is best. I guarantee that every team will have some competitive games. Good luck to all and pray for a north wind over there!

It would have been nice to have one other A & B team. Ducks, Express and Geese is A level. Blue Devils, Express B and 24 shouldn't being playing those teams. Not fun for the kids, the coaches or the parents. Nothing positive comes from losing by 10+ goals. Competing hard and losing is a good builder. Get on the phone tourney directors and add a few teams. Otherwise, why come back next year.

I completely agree. These tournaments should have A and B levels. It's not fair to the B level teams to go to a tournament where they are just being beat up on and have no chance. Plus it actually hurts the kids self confidence. They should be playing teams at their level or slightly above. Not teams that will just run rings around them. I don't understand why the parents on the B level teams in these organisations don't complain about this. The B level kids would be much better off playing a different tournament.

If Legacy and Express can't get the turnout to at least have 4 teams in each A and B division, then they should not have that age group in the tourney. And instead have teams play at a different tournament that has a better turnout which has A and B levels. And I say Express as well because I expect the Octoberfest tournament is going to be the same issue based on how their Mayflower tournament turnout was last year.