Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don’t really understand why any parent would not want his kid playing with kids his own age. Unless you are trying to take advantage of the current system there is no credible argument to oppose age based classification.

I respect and understand your opinion but I find it so hard to understand how all the "age based" parents refuse to understand that people have a different opinion, this does not make us wrong, just of a different opinion. My son is on the young side of his grade and always was on the small size as well. I would always want him to play against kids in his grade and not worry about age (when with his summer travel team) and this was true in 3rd grade thru 9th grade - it obviously made no difference in school ball as that is always grade based.

It is my opinion that there is a benefit by competing against kids your own grade that you would eventually have to compete against in prospect days and showcases. I would see no advantage in dominating the summer circuit with kids your own age and then go to Maverik or Jake Reed and have to go against kids in your own grade that have been playing against bigger, stronger and better competition.