Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Any input on strong travel teams for the fall?
When do they announce coaches, Express, 91,or
Geese? Who is the best bang for your buck?

Here is my take:

Express - solid coaching with Channy at the helm. Very large team and playing time is limited if you're not on the first or second line. The first line gets all the love in games, 2nd line plays when they need a break and no one else sees the field. Nothing wrong with that as long as you know it going in and your kid is good enough to break into the top lines.

91 - train wreck last year for a variety of reasons, mostly related to the HC who is now gone. The 91 organization is making a major investment in coaching resources to right the ship. I see a lot of opportunities here as 91 is looking to shake things up and get back on track.

Geese - solid team that upgraded players last year putting them on top. Good coaching. I doubt much will change and any new player will really have to stand out at tryouts to make an impression. If it ain't broke don't fix it and Geese doesn't have much to fix.

All those teams are good. And at this age there is a lot of teams still building and need new faces to improve. And my guess is 9! will likely add, Geese like any team will look to add, and Express will always adds. That's why they are doing the top team and an i between team. It seems these special arrangement teams never last more than a season. Maybe this one does. But it is only successful building a second team from bottom and moving up. Not the top and moving down. Parent egos cant process it and move on. And it usually takes commitment from the parents and coaches. 9! Warriors at the 2023 level is a prime example of a successful 2nd team.

What do you mean an inbetween team? Will Express have an A, B & C team? Any other clubs doing this?