Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any information on Shore 2 Shore for this age group ?

Coach goes 100% daddy ball. During the week he tells you to get there 45 minutes early for the Tournament and shows up 10 minutes before game time so the dads have to start the warm ups. Cancels practice after you are on your way. Only has them going once a week even when the boys seem to need an extra day.

Other than that, he is a knowledgeable Lax coach and a good guy!

If you've got any significant number of boys on your teams playing fall sports, do you really think they are going to do more than 1 practice per week in the fall?? And considering the price point for S2S and other similar clubs, do you really think that is what you are paying for? I think many people have unrealistic expectations for fall lax.

Not talking about the fall, but the best go twice a week, even with football. Unfortunately his performance last year spring/summer was on average less than 1x per week including the weeks heading into Laxfe$t. Parents had to push him to schedule the extra day. The expectations at SOS might be less now, but he stranded the 91 kids last year. Maybe his priorities are straight and I am a nut, but the kids deserved better from him. The worst of it was that he showed that he could get a lot out of his 2018 team where he coached for several years. What is the movie line from DiNiro in the Bronx Tale? "There's nothing worse than wasted talent"

The best may go 2x per wk in the fall, but that's a sure way to bring about burnout and/or premature repetitive motion injuries with boys playing fall sports. I have no issues with kicking it up in the spring and into summer, but if they're in other sports, it's counterproductive in the off season.