Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

Try the ducks, they are a great B team. Some good talent there.

Which team is your son on?

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.[/quote

Speak up to the directors person to person. And say what you say above.

Many of the kids on lacrosse teams play other sports - as they should - and have conflicts. Fall ball for Lax is always tough to get the entire team at practice. Baseball, Football, Basketball, School, Kids sick... ALL kids especially at 10 should play more than just Lax. ALL the lax teams face this issue, so it wont be different anywhere else.