Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, but all the top teams will shorten to not play the bench. It’s become the standard. Drives me nuts and I will never understand it. Is the practice and training beneficial and with better kids good. No denying it. But not playing is a confidence killer, not work hard and you’ll get rewarded with playing time. Because that never comes. Imagine he whole world watching on the WSYL on ESPN and you text family to watch and your kid never plays...put yourself in your kids shoes... everyone please make good choices over the next few weeks. Ask questions, lotsa of questions and get them all answered or move on.

100% agree. Its ridiculous to have your child go to practices and not get playing time in tournaments. It absolutely will destroy kids who eould otherwise grow into talented players if parents let that continue.
Its the antithesis of what youth sports is supposed to be about.

But I really believe this year there is going to be a shakeup. You saw it a little last year, but this year you will see much more.
Plenty of parents are walking away from these top teams, because there are many other options out there. Less and less parents are interested in their kid sitting on the bench, or being on teams where they overload the roster, or where teams show no commitment to their original roster and recruit kids mid season.

Rebels, LI rebels, True Blue, Igloo, Legacy, etc
are going to be taking these players and its going to change the level of lacrosse next year.

And its a great opportunity for the top clubs (Express, Igloo & 91) to build solid 2nd teams. 91 and Igloo didn't even have one.

The thing is people who leave these top teams, are not interested in second teams that play at less competitive tournaments or at a less competitive level. They are going to go to a different team that also competes in the high level tournaments.

And people dont believe in these second teams in the big organisations anymore.
Legacy is the only one who fielded a decent one in the Blue Devils. And I think thats because Legacy doesnt have a history of overloading there teams and adding players mid season like Express and 91 do. So Legacy allows there second team to have an opportunity of recruiting decent players at their tryouts.

And I believe people feel with 91 and Express that these second teams are just money grabs, and those organisations dont really care about them. All they care about is their top A level team.

That is what the Rebels is pulling from. They are attracting a lot of people partially because they are promising only one team at each age level.

So no I dont think you will see most people who leave the top teams go to second teams in the top organisations. As time goes on its going to become more and more difficult for those organisations to field a 2nd team. There are much better options going to a competitive team elsewhere like Igloo, r.u.s.h., rebels, true blue, s2s, etc

It’s hard to debate, but I wish the top clubs would focus on second team development. They would improve their product and brand if 2nd teams got 1st team treatment, in my humble opinion. Igloo at the 2022 level and 91 at the 2023 level have really done it successfully. That said, I think a it has to do with the coach.