Agree 100% with your explanation on aged based vs grade base. I also have a 2021 and have a few boys in HS and college. By the time they are in HS, it does not matter. The athletes will be recognized and those hold-backs who were the stars as younger kids do get passed by very quickly. Using the aged base vs grade base argument is a ridiculous arguement for people looking for excuses.

At this age, just enjoy the ride and watching them play. It will be over before you know it. The attention or interest of the players do change as they get older and move up in the school system. They may not want to play in HS. It is not about the parents.

Finally, my College son did play for one of the excellent HS teams. Did not want to play in college. Goes to a major Div 1 school. The lax coach knew him and asked him to walk on. Said NO because he wants to enjoy his college career and not worry about going to practice and working out six days a week at 6 am. I give him a lot of credit and maturity.

Again, sit back and enjoy the ride and watching them play, grow and mature. Great experience.