Originally Posted by Anonymous
A kid may move here from out of state, kids are held back for learning or social issues. I understand this. However what does this have to do with playing sports. How does a kid because he may have trouble reading entitle that kid to now play sports with younger kids. When kids are the same age, that's what makes sports fair. I agree with having an age cutoff date. Whatever that date would be, I wish it would be followed. US lacrosse and now with WSYL becoming more popular I think in the near future this grade based lacrosse may fade away.

This debate has raging for a long time and every club on LI has concluded or is the middle of tryouts. Yet nothing changes. Hence, there is no change coming. So let me attempt to be productive.

Whats the solution that everyone seems to want. Even the announcers on the WSYL advocated for change. Maybe a group that has no financial stake can help enact change. PAL Lacrosse should review and consider an age based system and adopt US lacrosse guidelines. Shouldn't PAL be an advocate of safety and fairness? I think that is a productive way to get something going towards an age based system. "US Lacrosse establishes eligibility guidelines to promote a safe and sportsmanlike environment. US Lacrosse believes that leagues, associations, and other organizers of youth lacrosse should provide playing opportunities that, as much as possible, aim to establish a "level playing field" among players of similar age."(https://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines) In my humble opinion, if PAL was the willing to frustrate the "status quo" they would open some eyes and this could pave the way to ending the unending debate.