Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

Try the ducks, they are a great B team. Some good talent there.

Which team is your son on?

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.

I'm guessing your son plays on this organizations B team? This is the exact reason why B teams for an organization are no good.
My advice, go find a club where there is only 1 team per age group..... There are plenty around for this age
Go ask around with Recon, Outlaws, True Blue, Bluefish, Millon, Icon

Yes he does. frustrating for him b/c the drills don’t work and they don’t win. Then I wonder why thehell am I paying all this money for an upgraded PAL team. It could work if the A team coach stops hoarding kids.

Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

Try the ducks, they are a great B team. Some good talent there.

Which team is your son on?

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.

I'm guessing your son plays on this organizations B team? This is the exact reason why B teams for an organization are no good.
My advice, go find a club where there is only 1 team per age group..... There are plenty around for this age
Go ask around with Recon, Outlaws, True Blue, Bluefish, Millon, Icon

Yes he does. frustrating for him b/c the drills don’t work and they don’t win. Then I wonder why thehell am I paying all this money for an upgraded PAL team. It could work if the A team coach stops hoarding kids.

You hit the nail right on the head. Channy really only cares about the money, that’s why he stuffs his A team with kids. Don’t know why people drink the coolaide because there kids barely if at all actually play. Not sure why OReilly sticks around since he doesn’t have a chance of creating a decent team. But that’s his choice. However, its not right they charge parents outrageous sums for a B team which is the barely fieldable. If you can find a better team, jump ship sooner rather than later
Don’t rule out Legacy Blue Devils. I think they are going to be pretty good on the B level. And The Geese don’t overload their team so you don’t have the same problem as you face with Express. Plus Blue Devils have some good coaches.
Ducks Chaos or even Rage are good option.
Igloo
Mamaz Boyz is also a good B team
LI Knights was a strong B team last year, but didn’t do well in Halloween Havoc. So not sure about this year.
I would stay away from Empire. There 2025 team did not do well at all last year. I would wait a year to see if they improved.

Email the coaches or organizations and see if they have any spots your son can try out for. You would be surprised.
Good luck. I hope you and your son find a team he is happy with. This is a lot of money to pay, for your kid not to be happy doing it.

Can’t really blame Channy. He runs a business and if parents are willing to pay 3k for practices why stop them?

The Blue Devils are a solid B team. That team has been together for some time now. That’s the difference. It will take O’Reilly’s team fall, spring and half the summer to be on par with the stronger B teams. And before you know it’s tryouts again and come fall half the team is new again. It’s like a feeder program. He’s a great coach that isn’t able to keep a team together.

They are playing this weekend at Blatant. I want to see how they do. Will be a big deciding factor. Will also give me a chance to see how the other B teams play.