Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your not ok with a 6th grader not yet 11 yrs old. But you are ok with the 5th grader that turned 11 last week? how do you justify cheating?

The rules are what they are. Making up your own rules just doesn't fly. PS, I am infuriated by holdbacks, so a cheating, phony holdback is even more infuriating.

I understand and agree and share 100% in with your frustration. But what exactly is the rule??Is the Sept.1st date that us lax and world series of lax use? or is it the graduating class?
Because something has to change.Lax is the fastest growing sport in America. Someone needs to step in and interpret/enforce some rules.

My son tried out for his team at 2025. So did every other kid on Long Island. Everything else is just made up rules at this point. I'll accept a September 1 date if they get rid of anyone older than that as well. You can't just mix and match it because your kid got cut from Channy A.

If you think holdbacks/ reclassifications are going away you are 100% wrong. College coaches are pushing more and more kids towards taking 1 if not 2 post grad years before enrolling into their college. As the sport grows you will see more of this because it is all driven by 💰💰. These coaches are under much more pressure to win immediately therefore they will do anything they can to give themselves an advantage. Since it's being pushed @ the collegiate level it will only trickle down even further & become more common.
Keep in mind hold backs/ reclassification happens very frequently in football & basketball @ the collegiate level.

The reclass is an issue for pre-HS aged players, not HS. Football is age-based for all youth programs, so it has never trickled down there - it can't. PG has always been an option for foorball. Football is totally irrelevant analogy.