Originally Posted by Anonymous
holdback means he would be playing on the 4th grade team instead he is same age as your son and plays on the 6th grade team. Your sideline coaching is holding back your own kid. Didn't Legacy win the WSYL the year before with an age based team?

The owners son on Legacy is going into 5th grade but should be in 6th. That's a hold back.

But that's ok by the rules. As bad as they are. The "they are almost the same age" arguement doesn't hold. So argue for this all you want cheater dad, I know my on age son will be pointing out your son on the field and at school.

Is the soon to be maybe superstar going to play down on PAL too?

You mean your on age son will be pointing at the boys scoring on him. And what school do they go too? How would you know that? Creepy...we are talking about 10yr olds.

And what are you going to do when the playing down doesn't make Johnnie a star? Then my 5th grader will simply tell his classmates that he is better than your 6th grade son even after cheating and those the kids will happily tell the others! Do you think you and your son can slink around with you at major tournaments without being noticed? And do you think you have the only kid from your town or school and the parents and kids don't talk to one another?

I guess the fantasy world where people don't laugh in your face and you are not ashamed really exists.

You are the crazy one. You think this is a singular case? Buddy, wake up and smell reality. More and more kids are being held back every year. Your little superstar will be mediocre very soon.

This re-class and hold-back conversation infuriates parents.The parents that held back there kids early on and the ones that are contemplating on doing it now. And lets not forget the boys that are on AGE.Is it fair to them? Its happening all around. all of the A teams are full of holdbacks and re-class.You want this all to go away???Simple fix-AGE BASED TEAMS (All other youth sports do it)