Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s not only a tryout, it’s a camp as well 😂😂. I’m sure it will be money well spent.

Both the 91 camp and the Legacy groupon is a marketing ploy. You should all realise by now that the club team is a business.

Legacy is clearly trying to maximize the number of people trying out. Figuring if more try out they end up making the same money anyway. And they have more talent to choose from for their team. It obviously works for them, because they do the groupon every year.

If you look at 91 past tryout schedules they spent 15 hours to cover tryouts for 8 grades. Plus an additional 3 hrs for the top 2 oldest grades.
So essentially they figured out if they did the grades as a camp for 3 days at 5 hours each day, they could just split up the coaches for the drills and charge more for each kid because now its a camp. And it may attract more people because it may cost $165 instead of $100 but their kid gets to be at a camp for 3 days. Actually its a pretty good deal if you ask me. The risk is they may lose peopke trying out who cant committ to a 3 day camp.But honestly if someone is serious, they will just contact 91 and Im sure they will arrange another way for a kid to tryout. The big question is since the camp is in early July, is 91 going to put out their roster and commitment date before Express and Legacys tryouts. Essentially trying to grab the talent early. That could backfire. Igloo tried that last year, and seemed to be scrounging for players this year.

I'd give them the $165 + $100 extra to not have to waste 3 days of my kid's life in a stupid camp over the summer when the season is over.

You dont have to pay anything. Dont try out for 91. Simple.

For the rest of us getting a lacrosse camp which many of our kids attend somewhere anyway because our kids love to play lacrosse year round "even after the season is over" is a win win. We actually save time because we dont have to alot time for tryout dates.

But for you, better yet, stick to just PAL. This way you dont have to pay much at all and you dont as you put it "waste" your time having your kid play lacrosse more than a few months a year.