Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let's all simply agree that an actual 6th grade kid (2024) playing 5th grade lacrosse (2025) on Long Island is cheating.

I think it depends on their birthday. The US Lacrosse cutoff is 9/1. I have a child born early September that could, according to US Lacrosse, play the grade below. I personally wouldn't consider it because it's better to challenged in my opinion, but I wouldn't consider it cheating either because of the USL cutoff.

I agree a 6th grader that falls in the birth guidelines is fine with me. That way it's clear. Aug 31st and it's a different case.

The USL cutoffs are for an age-based system. You can't pick and choose to use age-based criteria in a grade-based system or vice versa. That's rediculous!

It's 5th grade lacrosse. He's not competing to get into college right now. If he misses the cut off by 2 weeks WHO CARES? Get over it and worry about your own kid and things that are important in life. This is so ridiculous people keep caring on for an August birthday. Bet over it already!

It's not two weeks Mr. Alternate Facts, the LI school year is December 1, and I care about my kid and don't want your kid more than a year older than mine, your kid who is in 6th grade cheating. You should be embarrassed and your son will be ashamed.

Over time, we'll all find out who you are and eventually we'll find out if your kid stinks or not, but we will all know without a doubt that you are a cheating bag of scum.

The rules are... there are no rules!!! Talk all you want but until there is one consistent system it's gamesmanship and clubs one-upping each other and it will just continue into perpetuity.