Originally Posted by Anonymous
Geese parents weighed their options and went elsewhere. Amazing how in one summer season one daddy coach was able to take down last years top team on Long Islad.

That coming from a 91 parent. Only 91 parents are trashing coaches. And then they poison people outside the team. Which is what happened with the Geese kids who left.
91 parents hate the Geese assistant coach
91 parents hate the Ducks coach
91 parents hate the S2S coach.
Even Joe Spallina saw them as toxic and left mid season.

See the pattern. Its not the coaches. Its the toxic 91 parents. The core group of them anyway.

Here is the pattern hater.

Geese Coach put his kid first when he wasn't good enough, so it is easy to dislike him.
Ducks Coach put his kid and himself first, ditto
S2S Coach put his kid and himself first, 3 for 3.
Joe Spallina left when his daughter decided she didn't like the boys game (good for her).

Current Head Coaches do not have kids on the team.
Current Coaches have brought their 2018 youth/HS teams to the top (as evidenced by their Commitments).

See the pattern? Daddy ball bad. Merit based play good.

This team has a good environment and too bad for you, your little Rabil missed tryouts.
But 70 really good kids did show and the team will be even better!

You just laid out a clear pattern acknowledging everything I said about 91 parents hating coaches.
Interesting how so many of those coaches moved away from 91 and have no issues and are successful.

And 91 has daddy coaches too. One good, one bad. And the rumor is your losing the good one.

Pretty sucky environment if you ask me.
But good luck to you.
There was no way my kid was bothering with an organisation like yours.

Do you notice the anger and hate on this forum is only from 91 parents?
You dont see it from Express parents. They are pretty chill on this forum.
Tells you a lot about the environment on teams.
Just saying.

Bye angry hater.

I hear you! My son played for 91 and was treated as a second class citizen. If your not tight with JS and the gang you're in for a rough ride. You will see the favorites make mistake after mistake and stay on the field. When your son makes one, he will be pulled. We got wise to the nonsense real quick and made a move. My son flourished when he left and felt valued, and went on to become a higher level recruit than most of his former teammates. Do what feels right, don't get caught up in the name!

Thats true. I know plenty of people who have left 91 and nepotism is rampant in the organisation especially at this age group. Glad you had the sense to break away.
This forum on its own when you see how 91 parents act is proof any parent is crazy to even consider that team.