Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard true blue has some big time players trying out. Should be interesting to see.

The better players go to the best teams. True Blue is solid, but still 7 to 10 goals worse than Express. That’s too big a gap to close. Express is the best team in the age this year. That’s where the “big time” players will go. And I didn’t hear that, it’s my opinion.

I agree plenty of players will try out for Express. But Express has already a huge player load. And many many good players.

Some parents of good players will stay with Express for the training, even though their kid is not getting playing time.
But there are others on Express now, or who will tryout, with talented players who are only playing 2nd or 3rd line who realise they could be starters somewhere else.

And with teams like Igloo, True Blue, LI R-U-S-H (former Ducks), Rebels out there who play the A level tournaments, these talented players will have a greater possibility of becoming starters and getting more playtime due to smaller rosters.

After all what fun is it for a talented kid who loves lacrosse to be on a team where he doesnt get real playtime in tournaments.
Of course to each there own.
But U do believe you will see a movement of many talented kids to these other teams. Which I think is great because it will produce some real competition on the island.