Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are ridiculous. This is as good a showing as you will see. Blast will never play Geese (for obvious reasons) so you’ll never get all the A teams at a tourney together. Not a Ducks parent, but pretty sure they played Blast to a goal or two whenever they met last season, so that’s essentially a wash. 24 wants to play A teams so, win or lose, they’ll be happy. Plus, the B teams are playing each other and then seeing how they stack up against A teams. A lot can be taken from a loss. All in all, I think this is the best you can expect for a fall tourney.

So I partly agree. There is a lot you can take from a loss. But nothing you can take from a loss of 12 goals. It shows there is no equal treatment for A teams vs B teams.

This is the major problem with club lacrosse tournaments: there is no proper tiering system for teams, and thus no proper tournaments and/or divisions within to properly align teams. Almost every tourney is a [lacrosse] show to some degree, with teams getting blown out and/or blowing other teams out, sometimes both happening to a team within the same tourney. The grade-based aspect of lax, expecially outside of NY, compounds the problem. Hockey has this covered so much better, and lax should follow a lot of what they did (not all).

And tournament directors should work the phones and trade favors to make their tournaments competitive from top to bottom or just classify it as an A or B level tourney, that way you know. Do they really think putting B teams vs the top teams in the age is okay? The kids go in defeated, such poor judgement in my opinion. Good news is that there is choice, live and learn. That's why directors like the guys at Blatant who work to balance out brackets (in fall and spring) know the value of having a competitive tourney for all levels.