Originally Posted by Anonymous
Channy changing his name to Cheater. Anything for a win with that slime bucket. The 2024 kids he has are in 6th grade. Their parents must be proud thst their 6th grader is doing great with the 5th graders. New team 2025 Cheaters or better yet 2025 Express Slime

i don't understand your post. 2024 kids are suppose to be in 6th grade. they graduate in june of 2024.

So it is ok for a sixth grader, graduating in June 2024 as you point out, to play in 2025?

So in two Yrs. when teams are qualifying for the WS and have to produce their respective Birth Certificates stating they were born after Sept 1st 2006. Some teams will loose older hold back 7th graders but some boys in 8th grade born after the Sept 1st cutoff will qualify.....Now does anyone have a problem with those 8th grade on age boys playing? Because I certainly do not.

I would be 100% fine with that. There’s a problem with that example though. The rules for WSYL clearly state the all players must be on the teams all season, and not just for that tournament. This is a new rule this year. So technically, because NY is grade based, those younger 2024’s wouldn’t be eligible to play on the team for the whole season, thereby making them ineligible to play in the WSYL. Kind of a catch 22.

With that being said, I’m sure people will try to circumvent the rule.

Just have two teams an on grade team and a U13 team in 2 years. Now it is "circumvented". The U13 will have separate practices and play in the qualifiers. In fact, I don't why all clubs just hold separate WSYL tryouts and have a WSYL only team. More tryout fees, more tourney fees and better for business. For example, look at this year add a few 8th graders born after 9/1/04 to some of the 2023 rosters and you'll see some different results. And if the current 2023 all don't make the WSYL team, oh well, that's life. Would love to see those parents at those tryouts...especially the entitled ones. I know I would send my son to tryout for one or two. He has an October birth date, but is on grade. so why not. Seems like an awesome experience and has some major backing. The event will continue to grow.