Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am changing my opinion on things. Again my opinion, as I would prefer to look at this another way. I am actually starting to think grade based is going to end. Because they'll be more and more people adopting the US Lacrosse and WSYL age guidlines into grade based. It's the can'take beat join then mentality. Not saying it's right or agreeing. But just maybe this is a needed shakeup. Because this topic isn't going away.

I agree, great post. This is a great sport. Most of the people I have met are good parents all wanting the same thing for there kids.We have the best coaches are on LI. These kids are getting the best training in the country. But as the sport has grown so has the competition and the importance of winning. There is so much money to be made in the race for winning,that the ethics of youth sports gets forgotten. Youth Lacrosse NEEDS to go age based!!or at least have some sort of age regulation. It is getting worse out there every season!!

Unfortunately an age based system will do nothing to end the winning mentality that is prevalent in travel for profit lacrosse, It will not prevent cheating either. USLacrosse has no power or budget to properly maintain a real age based system of check and balance like you see in Soccer and Ice Hockey - and it has no means of penalizing anybody that does cheat. IMHO