Originally Posted by Anonymous

As has been pointed out in previous posts, that is non starter as an argument - EVERY other NCAA sport has no issue recruiting student athletes that play age-based. Please try again!

I am not an expert on all sports and all recruiting processes but I am pretty well versed on lacrosse recruiting - I am not aware of another sport that the school season is practically meaningless and most to all of the recruiting is done through summer teams/ tournaments and showcases ALL of which are done by graduating class not birth year. If you want to look at Hockey that is similar as it is also a non revenue sport. From the get go youth hockey is age based not graduating year based and it works for them because the golden ring in hockey is the NHL draft and that is age based. For lacrosse the ultimate prize is a recruited spot on a college team and that was, is and always will be grade based, it is how the college coaches like it and it is how it is always going to be.

You've made no sense in your attempts to justify this. Whether or not its lacrosse or football (non-revenue versus revenue), all student athletes being recruited are almost exclusively high schoolers. A college coach needs to know and recruit accordingly based upon that SA's graduation date. For some reason, you are saying that college lacrosse coaches are either: 1. dumb, or 2. too lazy to be able to do what every other sports' coaches have to do, revenue sport or not, which is to parse through players and know who is graduating when, and how to recruit any prospective SA respectively. Further, an age-based system is easier to recruit against than HS recruiting as a majority of athletes at any age are predominantly still in the proper/expected grade for their age, which also begs the question as to why any system should be catering to the minority versus the majority. The bigger point is other than being a sport that anyone here on BOTC already knows - that lax is great sport to plan and watch, the sport isn't special in any OTHER way, so there is still no argument that it should behave differently, and the argument that "it is what is is" is NOT an even an argument!

As you are a parent of a 5th grader I can understand your naivety and your speaking from the heart when you, unfortunately have no idea what you are talking about. I believe it was the overrated Bob Dylan who said "If your child is in 5th grade and you believe in age based your are an idealist, but if you are a parent of a high school student and you believe in age based you are a fool" Stop worrying about who is beating your kid and worry about making him better...