Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does Express get to be considered AA if they feature a 6th grader? Doesn't that make them a 2024 team?

Oreilly's team is a true 2025 group of kids that played well this weekend.

I feel bad for the kid, its the parents who allow this. Did they think they would sneak in and go unnoticed? The lax world might be crazy, but it's still a small community. Holdbacks are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand. This matter of a 6th grade 2024 boy who plans to stay in that grade, born in 2006 and playing 2025 with the approval of Channy and the clearly abusive and sick parents is just taking cheating to another level.

If all the organizations formed teams based on WSYL dates, then so be it, but those are not the rules now and the Tournaments should prevent this.

I really do feel bad for the kid. He will have to carry this with him.

Please show me the rules that state it is ok for a boy born in 2006 but is in 5th grade to play?? Please produce that. and i will show you - us lacrosse age requirement that state any boy born after Aug.31st in 2006 pg 48 CAN play.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1v7bf/2017YouthBoysRuleboo/html/index.html?page=48

While USL has put out rules for age-based play, they have not yet insisted that teams, tournaments, clubs use age-based play yet. At this point, most of youth lacrosse is still grade-based. USL is a very weak governing organization - they are trying to gradually push towards age-based play, but not very hard, or at least not nearly as hard as they could - their phased-in approach is way too slow and passive. They could very easily force the hand by taking a position that clubs, tournaments, etc that are not age-based are not in compliance with USL and therefore lose all rights/benefits, specifically insurance.