Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know anything about the 9D1 second team? I heard bad things about last year's team but I also heard they made some changes. My oldest is on 9D1 but my youngest has to decide between the second team or Empire Green. This will be his first travel team. Any informative thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would send him to Empire Green.

That would be a mistake without doing some homework first. Empire was not good last year. Ice was terrible too, but they have shown if they get the right guys in place to coach, then there is hope. One of the better kids now on Blast played for Ice and they noticed. My advice, call, ask who the Coaches are, make sure you get a straight answer and then decide. The best thing about 91 for a first time kid is that they will do their winter training program which is VERY GOOD. When you are there you and your son can see what the difference is and really gauge if he can step it up. At least after the year you will have a basis to compare.

But if they don't tell you who is coaching at either organization and if they don't impress you go the other way.