Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know anything about the 9D1 second team? I heard bad things about last year's team but I also heard they made some changes. My oldest is on 9D1 but my youngest has to decide between the second team or Empire Green. This will be his first travel team. Any informative thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My son was told he would be a starting attackman if he came. I guess they told that to everyone. That is total crap and that's exactly why we are staying with Express. Anyone that promises you that your kid is going to start before even seeing the full team practice is lying to your face. The coaches on Blast are salesman whose jobs are to fill the 91 coffers.

When the lies and deceit begin at tryouts, you had better buckle in and get ready for another bumpy ride Blastards.

They all called around, don't kid yourself, it's part of the business of winning.

And you know Express brought in kids before tryouts and guaranteed spots to players from both Blast and Geese. And beyond that, do you really believe Channey didn't make any calls? I know he called me and said directly that I didn't need to pay for my son to tryout and then he had the balls to ask if I could bring other kids who would pay.

And I'm sure "they" told your son, but not you that he would start, yeah I'm sure that's what happened the coaches just walked right up and told your little Rob Pannel that when they begged him to come. By the way, I saw your kid, he certainly isn't good enough to start, or from what I can tell even play.

Sorry, challenge. I highly doubt that is true. First I find it unlikely that you would expose your identity with that story and second nobody trys out for free.