Stop comparing hockey and lacrosse. They are different sports entirely. One of the above posts actually implied that if lacrosse goes to age based then lacrosse players will be able to make a living playing the sport. That is ludicrous.

My older sons didn’t need to play up to be successful in the system as currently constructed, and my younger son is on a similar path (though admittedly impossible to extrapolate). And yes, he is developing a work ethic by playing against holdbacks, or any player that is better than him. What you see as lunacy, I see as opportunities to develop his whole person and make him a stronger future adult. You see it differently because you are a weak person and can’t relate to the necessity for challenges at a young age. That’s why you’re so bitter about it.

My son(s) play(ed) in this system and, as far as my eldest two, I’m proud of men they’ve become. Obviously, lacrosse played a small part in that, but it definitely played a part. They are scholar athletes who make no excuses. Something you clearly know nothing about. I’ve been through the system and have seen it’s benefits first hand. You, presumably, read some obscure studies funded to prove the point your trying to make, but have actually seen and done nothing.

This argument bores me and so do you.