Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, but all the top teams will shorten to not play the bench. It’s become the standard. Drives me nuts and I will never understand it. Is the practice and training beneficial and with better kids good. No denying it. But not playing is a confidence killer, not work hard and you’ll get rewarded with playing time. Because that never comes. Imagine he whole world watching on the WSYL on ESPN and you text family to watch and your kid never plays...put yourself in your kids shoes... everyone please make good choices over the next few weeks. Ask questions, lotsa of questions and get them all answered or move on.

100% agree. Its ridiculous to have your child go to practices and not get playing time in tournaments. It absolutely will destroy kids who eould otherwise grow into talented players if parents let that continue.
Its the antithesis of what youth sports is supposed to be about.

But I really believe this year there is going to be a shakeup. You saw it a little last year, but this year you will see much more.
Plenty of parents are walking away from these top teams, because there are many other options out there. Less and less parents are interested in their kid sitting on the bench, or being on teams where they overload the roster, or where teams show no commitment to their original roster and recruit kids mid season.

Rebels, LI rebels, True Blue, Igloo, Legacy, etc
are going to be taking these players and its going to change the level of lacrosse next year.