Originally Posted by Anonymous
Still NEVER changing!

Let me guess your boy a hold-back???

Nope just a realist, Never ever changing. Been in the sport for multiple kids, same argument for going on 10 years, didn’t change then, not changing now. You see, once your son gets into MS you won’t care, you’ll move on, and the next guy will take up the empty argument, and so on and so on! NEVER changing! And it’s becaus none of you have the heart to go to the director or coach and hold your son out. Let me know when you do though, I’ll think more of you for taking action rather than complaining anonymously on BOTC

I told my son's travel team coach we won't go to tourneys down in DE/MD to play against holdback teams - I wasn't the only one and, guess what - last season we didn't have any Mid-Atlantic tourneys! I've spoken to guys from the metro chapter of USL and reinforced that more parents than not want age-based play. And no, my son isn't young, isn't small, and is one of his team's better players. I don't advocate for age based play for my son - I do it because I am a youth spirt coach, and it's what's best for most kids and the sport. But, please - continue to make incorrect assumptions about everyone who doesn't agree with you. Even if your position isn't based upon anything other than the status quo.

See a dad or mom who took proactive action, now I challenge the rest of the BOTC heroes to take a stand! No more grade based tourneys! Let’s see it, and name your clubs so we can give you the props you deserve!