Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is wrong with making cuts? Kids get cut in other sports like basketball and baseball all the time. Has been that way for decades. I guess everyone needs to get a trophy too. The wussification of America........

I took his comment differently. But I see a different bad side. I see kids not trying and giving up before the cuts because they think they will get cut that is worse

The idea is that as a Freshman in HS if you want to play Lax and you are living in the Chaminade fantasy world that your HS lacrosse life can be ended the first spring that you show up at the school tryouots. And many a good player gets cut and then has to stay because his parents don't want to tell the neighbors.

And!! Thats the chance they took. Saying that they stay because they don't want to tell the neighbors is B.S. Everyone knows who makes the team and who doesn't. At least they took the chance and tried. Not everyone makes teams and I think parents need to get used to this. Its not an everyone makes a team and gets a trophy house league. Many talented kids get cut. Most parents don't make getting cut a teaching moment, rather they get bitter and scream foul. How about a player had a better tryout. It happens but if your not used to it its hard.