Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about the 9th grader who is better then the senior but has to wait his turn.

He's not, and that's what you knowingly signed up for ! That 9th grader doesn't even get to play JV. They play on all freshman team.

All while my son has been lighting it up on varsity since freshman year for a great public school program, and I mean great athletically as well as academically. He will go to a top 20 school with enough AP credits to enter with sophomore standing. And he has the excitement and experience of 4 years of varsity. Is there really even a debate?

That's so not the norm. Congrats to your prodigy. If you were all that there would be no need to trash talk on a Chamnade thread.

Not trash talking, just stating facts. And my son is certainly not the only one. Go to WM,Syosset, SE,GC,etc, you will find many similar stories. If you are happy at Cham, that's great. Just suggesting many publics offer the kids a better overall experience. Oh,and there are girls!

Not facts........your opinion.....which appears to lack any knowledge and is lacking in actual facts. Oh yea......nobody cares about your opinion or your prodigy. Hope you enjoy the baggy pants, backward hat wearing crowd at his school.

Clearly my post struck a nerve. You can check past stats and see that many freshman and sophs were big contributors to their varsity squads. Those are facts, not opinions. If you check commitment lists , you can also confirm many public HSs are sending a good amount of their lax players to top schools. This is not an opinion either. Like I said ,it's great if you are happy with the program Chaminade has to offer. I was just offering that the overall experience for some kids may be better at the publics. No need to attack me or my son. Wishing all the boys a great season whether they play varsity or freshman team.