Google is your friend,

Average Chaminade SAT scores
Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Carey High school SAT scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh
Considering the publics have to educate the masses, can't kick anyone out for poor grades, the overall difference in scores, is not too impressive at all. In fact kind of surprising they were what they were.

Chaminade parents insecure that the real prestigious catholic high school is Regis...

Great, another great school!

Instead of complaining/bashing on a Chaminade thread, why not start a new thread on how excellent your education system is and how beneficial it is to your children.

Be thankful for the publics helping the "masses" become employable and good citizens. That's what you and I are paying for. The fact that we made a decision to send our kids to Catholic school, means that more of MY tax dollars are spent on public school kids (not mine). This is still good for my community.

I live in an excellent school district and my kids and I still wanted the Chaminade experience. There are however some great students in our home High School.

It is simple, the top 20% students at any school can compete with those at any other school.

The only tidbit to understand is: yes, the pool of students at Chaminade is the top 20% of the boys that took the entrance exam. This is a good indicator of their ability to succeed there.

In almost all cases faith will be a driving factor. Not everyone accepted will choose to go. Some won't like the structure, discipline, or the work load and will leave. Some will struggle. It is a college preparatory school. 398/399 went to college last September.

If the Chaminade deal is not for you or your kid (for whatever reason), that is fine. If the public deal is not for the rest of us, that should be fine too.

Let it go, dude!