Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the impact of these loop holes are what exactly? Based on studies the child is socially more prepared, academically more prepared and obviously athletically more prepared. So the impact is a kid who is......more prepared to succeed. Maybe these hold back parents are on to something.

Oh, it is the me me me mentality. Okay Impact on those that were cheated!

We see how it seems to be working out for the cheaters, and many times it does. oh and once you bend the rules in such an egregious manner once, whats next.

It all goes back to the premise that the advantage is only there if a few use the loop hole. If this is the road to success, then you will start to see the masses following and the advantage is now lost. From what I can see, within another two years, you will see many more holdbacks and the advantage will not be as great. I was VERY surprised to hear about the families that reclassed their kids in LI this year. I suspect the number will grow larger with each passing year.

Each year for the last few maybe 5 years there has been less than a hand full of True holdbacks on LI (pre October dob). There was always those families that held back their 4th qtr kids. Football exposed many of these early on because FB had a Nov cut off.

I complained years ago about that because if you look to manyu of the top 10 students in a HS graduating class they were the "late bloomers many a 4th Qtr hold backs". Who does that hurt an on age kid who was ranked 8th and 5 above him were almost a year older. You know the whole AI does count class rank.

I doubt we will see any more of the true hold backs (pre October), or more than we always had, there will always be that handful. What i fear is now seeing a handful of double holdbacks.

but to say it doesnt hurt or who dooes it hurts, there are others impacted. Stop reading outliers. try reading "the five people you meet in heaven". if not, read about Newton's 3rd law, every action has an equal and sometimes negative reaction, one more... just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. A tree falls in the forest, still makes a sound even if your not there to hear it.