Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
tell the coach
Oh, he's hearing it loud and clear. Things will change. It may take time but it will definitely change. They cannot be this kind of outlier forever. No other high end lacrosse program in the country that I'm aware of (not including St. A's) has such a rigid stratification. It's unnecessary and is keeping a lot of great players at home and being sent elsewhere who would have otherwise helped Chaminade immensely.

You people are talking about this like it's the 11th Commandment. "Thou shall not play Freshmen on Varsity". I don't know first hand about Chaminade but at St A's this is at the discretion of the Varsity coach. IF he has a superstar Freshmen and IF he has a need for another superstar on Varsity, he can move him up. The first "IF" is not that uncommon, it's the second "IF" that is the rarity.

With the large talent pool, the coaches can favor upperclassmen and give them the playing opportunity while keeping a better Freshman player on a team that plays a very competitive schedule. The upperclassman are able to continue playing the sport and the underclassmen stay challenged and competitive.

They do move Freshmen up to JV (did it this year). Now before you start screaming "that's where they play in the public's", I only mention it to point out that it's not chiseled in stone and the coaches make a decision on what is best for the player, team and most of all, the program.

I may not know what I'm talking about as much as others posting on this thread but the systems seem to be working at both schools.