Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't get it....that's from ONE town!!! Chammy from all over island now which is more impressive?

Chaminade but haapy for pequia!

Chaminade is a club team playing PAL teams and they want to beat their chests. It's hysterical!! West Islip, Massapequa, Greenwich, Ward Melville, Manhasset, Yorktown. Those parents have to buy houses in those towns vs deciding when their child is entering 9th grade to pay the Chaminade tuition. Chaminade should be 6-0 against those teams, right?

I don't care what word you use, this "beat their chest" post is idiotic. DISCLOSURE: I do not have a dog in this hunt - my son plays for West Islip. First, I know several Chaminade coaches, players and parents. I rarely (i.e. never) see any "chest-beating". Second, this logic is the same old, tired bashing of Chaminade lacrosse: "you pull from all over Long Island therefore you should dominate all the publics..." To those who buy into this, do you really believe every kid enrolling at Chaminade is a stud lax player? Seriously? 70% of the kids going there head straight to the chess club or the AV club - and that's fine. The pool of lacrosse talent there is strong, yes, but no stronger than a huge school like Ward Melville. WM has a massive amount of young talented athletes who come up the Three Village system and play together for 7-8 years by the time they are on Varsity. Same for many of the other large publics. Schools like WM, WI, Pequa, GC, etc. breed a ton of lax studs who play together forever and then opt to stay public and hang out with chicks. Can you blame them? For every stud athlete at Chammy there are 10 dorks mixing it up in the Science club. Again, that's cool...whatever they're into. Lastly, the quality of coaching cannot be overlooked. I think JM and Pomponio are two of the best coaches on Long Island. They have been turning good players into great players for over 30 years. So please, enough with the crying over Chaminade lacrosse and their supposed "unfair" advantage. It's pathetic.

Kids do go there from all over for the reason to play lacrosse. Why? Who knows, unless they have a weak local program. Their science clubs don't win anything, so I don't know why a kid would flock there for that when publics like WM are blowing up the science fairs?? And they have girls!

Pervert. Just kidding. I agree.