Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once is too much but there are bad apples everywhere. Chaminade takes care of their own in the business world post graduation, will be interesting to see if the alums continue to support the school

They will.

Of course they will, because they cling to there HS experience like it matters once you move on to college. Now we can see the termite infested foundation the whole place is built on. And the alumni are going to rush in to shore it up before anyone notices. Too late now.

No, they will support the school monetarily because they believe it to have been an important part of their lives. And they will support It because they realize that there are a large number of people who agree with them, and want their children to attend but need monetary assistance. In the current economic environment, particularly on LI with our tax issues, any tuition might be too much for some families. So the alumnae supports the school to help defray those costs.

They will also offer vocal support because they know the school's foundation isn't termite infested. They know this is a serious charge and issue, but as far as they know it is one man, not the entire order. Defending the school isn't the same as supporting it. I doubt you will hear any alums try and defend Fr. James, but supporting the school which has been damaged by him is a different story.

How about when the catholic church knew about the wide spread abuse of children and did everything they could to hide it, is that what you're talking about? The powers at be in your beloved school knew about this case years ago, they too did everything they could to hide it. Are those the kind of values you support? The school IS the people that run it. It is an
arcane, sick environment that needs to change. Sorry, but an all boys environment is akin to an all you can eat buffet for the overweight. I imagine that this incident will reveal years of abuse by multiple individuals, as many more victims will hopefully now have the courage to come forward. The best thing you can do is to rally your fellow alumni around some real a definite hard core change. What wacko would send their son to that place? (btw I'm catholic, so no need to go there)