Originally Posted by Anonymous

1. Hold backs steal spots from deserving on age kids.

Really? Take a look at the previous pages of guys bragging about how their sons dominate "hold backs"

2.Holding your kid puts pressure on them to be dominant. If they don't excel, they become the laughing stock, an embarrassment. Why would you put your kid in that position?

Kids will become "laughing stocks" if they don't play well in lacrosse. You are obviously pulling the lever for Trump.

3. Holding your kid back instilled the message in your child that he's not good enough to compete fairly in life, and must always look for a way to cheat to stay on top.

I know multiple hold back kids. None have self esteem issues.

4. You are viewed as a disgusting example of a parent by your peers who didn't hold their kid back for an advantage. And if you don't think we berate you when your back is turned, you need to be more observant. But you probably don't care because you yourself probably have a weak character.

(A) Don't make parental decisions based on what the guy with the red cup is saying behind your back. Bad way to parent; (B) weak character because you want to do what is best for your child? That is truly warped.

5. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

But you should if it is legal, doesn't harm anyone else and is in the best interest for your child.

6. Anything your child does accomplish, will not be admired the way you think. He will always be referred to as the cheating holdback who was not good enough to compete against kids his own age.

Just because a kid is held back does not mean he or she wasn't good enough to compete against same age kids. Not even close.

Actually my kid rolled over the holdbacks and has been dominating his position as a true age grad year player since Sophomore year. Doesn't change my opinion of the cheating weasels. Love seeing them throw tantrums when they get smoked. Loser!
[/quote]