Originally Posted by Anonymous

Talking points LOL

1) They don't have the most kids trying out for varsity and JV? And you are basing this on what data source? name other programs (not St Anthonys) that make cuts and still have 65 on the sideline for three teams.

2) Kids don't take trains from Suffolk? Of course they do. That was not the point. Instead the point was Chaminade doesn't pull from EVERY town as you suggest. Some kids will commute from Suffolk but others will not. Many kids are great players who either can't get in or get in and can't stay in. That right there is a major filter you are unwilling to acknowledge. And I am not even getting to the tuition as a barrier or the faith based education not being for everyone. The point is their pool is not every lacrosse player on LI as you seem to suggest. So your argument is they don't pull from "every" town?? Did I suggest every town? I suggested they get kids from many towns while public schools pull only from that town. Stop with the semantics.

3) No tie in with the Express? Their Varsity coach is a partner in Express. So what? Look at the lineup. They gave #19 (most honored number in memory of a fallen alumnus) to a kid who runs their offense and plays fl$....not Express. They're stud starting defender? Also fl$. And they have had plenty from 91, Outlaws and others in their starting line-ups over the past few years from the Freshman team right up through Varsity. Fact. So stop the garbage insinuations that only Express players get on the field or the whole enterprise is corrupt and designed solely to "line the pcokets" of the directors. Frankly, that is libelous and if you want to make that statement try signing your name to it. Stop with the dramatics, its true. I know of quality kids from "unfavorable travel teams" that were cut. You want to name some starters on the field? I am talking about who makes the team and who was cut. I've spoken with their parents. Its a disgrace.

4) No politics ever played in making the teams? More hearsay nonsense. Can I rule out some form of politics at Chaminade? No I cannot. But I have put kids through both Chaminade and the public school and the politics in the public are far and away worse. You are delusional if you think parents aren't politicing, running fundraisers, working the phones, etc. to help their kids get on public varsity teams Glad you agree

5) Coaches haven't lined their pockets? Again, sign your name before you make such a derogatory claim against people running a top program like Chaminade for decades. There are stories upon stories of the good the coaches there have done. To say it is all about "lining their pockets" just exposes you for the small-minded, person with an axe to grind that you are. Why is it derogatory to say they have lined their pockets? They aren't politicians. No law against it. You have any idea of the revenues the Express generate. You are the one that thinks to say it is a bad thing. I'm just stating the obvious. MC at St Anthonys laughs all the way to the bank.

Nope, not convinced. Especially by you! And your persuasiveness is pretty suspect as well. I state facts. You state how you'd like things to be.

Forgive me if I don't find your arguments terribly persuasive.