Lots of kids say no. Some public school kids aren't sure so they take the test and keep their options open and after thinking about it decide against the commitment required, some kids I know end up getting into and attending Regis and more kids are going to Kellenberg. "You have to list it first" is an urban legend. My son listed it second and got in but chose to attend Kellenberg (his first choice). I think if you list it first you get a little more leeway or benefit of the doubt - which is the intention of the ranking process. I know of two of my son's friends who were waitlisted then accepted within a month or so who are now attending. I think the hardest part about Chaminade is getting in, once you are there everyone there is at least capable of making it, provided they put in the required effort.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Applicants "have to put Chaminade first" out of the three choices. What percentage of boys who get accepted would say no ? No need for a wait list. I went there as well as my son and have never heard of one