Originally Posted by Anonymous
No kids love Chaminade. LOL
Every kid I've asked said it sucks. They are there for the education. Granted. But stop with the, "he loves it" BS.

exactly how much of the student body have you surveyed. You need a new hobby.

What's to love about sitting on a train for hours, while the hometown boys are going Ivy, lol!

The insecurity of chaminade parents is sad, spend so much time telling everyone how great it is. great organizations stand on their own, don't need constant bragging to reinforce their standing. Nobody is that impressed with chaminade except the parents that send their kids there, which isn't difficult to do - above average to get in and not expensive. Can't hold a candle to real private schools.

I went to a real private school and trust me- academics are a lot harder and valued at Chaminade. Private schools are full of wealthy parents that buy their kids into better schools and out of trouble. My friends would have been better off in a public school or an institution like Chaminade. The one thing that they both have in common- the exclusivity of being on the inside. You only know the real deal if you are part of it and quite frankly, no one on the inside cares what others truly think. If you truly don't give a damn about Chaminade and you feel it's worthless, than why waste time and energy putting it down? The Chaminade families know what they have, the private schools know what they have. Anyone can go to public school and find out what they have- and that's the difference- public is just that- open to all. Are there some great ones? Sure are! I think public school can be great for most. That said, there must be something that makes Chaminade the most competitive school on LI. If it wasn't all that, the numbers would have declined and other schools woukd be pulling the top candidates. As for the cost- who cares that it is less expensive than the elite prep schools? Regis is free, so does that make it less prestigious than others?

Chaminade is not the most prestigious school on LI. I've yet to see an Intel finalist, or for that matter semifinalists come out of there. I've also seem many graduates go to Hofstra. That's not prestigious.