Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Am I reading this wrong or are you people bringing the sexual abuse by a few priest into the Chaminade thread ? How pathetic. So Rabbis don't donit also ? What about non religious people ? I'm pretty sure ANY college has the highest regard for a Chaminade diploma. Lax is such a tiny aspect of why kids go to the school

Any college has respect for the Chaminade diploma? Check out how many Chaminade boys applied to Clemson and how many got accepted. Unless you are playing lacrosse in college or applying to a school in NY, most don't have any regard for it.

Probably a mistake to say "ANY college has the highest regard". A better characterization is that amongst the Catholic Universities the Chaminade degree is a very recognizable one and is considered a positive when considering acceptance. That list is a pretty good list of schools (ND, HC, BC, Georgetown, Loyola, Villanova, to name a few). For non-secular schools I think there is a certain level of respect that the New England and Middle Atlantic schools probably have. It appears that the NESCAC schools take a fair amount of Chaminade candidates, and not all playing a sport. The Ivies are probably less impressed by a Catholic education, and a sport sure helps. In fact it probably works against a very qualified non-athlete, they're not going to take a large amount from any one school.....works against the diversification they all look to display.
As for the rest of the country, as per your example of Clemson, yeah I agree. I am not sure they buy the narrative. That is somewhat to be expected because they don't have the history with the school those other schools have. The Catholic's, the NESCAC's, the Lehigh's and Bucknell's have track records of Chaminade students performance, both while in school and as an alum of their institution.

Is it a good school, absolutely. Are there plenty of other good schools?, no doubt.
Does it need to be bashed on here non-stop? You tell me.