so, record straight...I know of at least six boys who made Chaminade as first choice and chose to go elsewhere...my son included...I spoke about this several months ago that the draw isn't what it used to be, so the athletics is showing a resulting decline...look at the football program, it's in shambles, lacrosse is still good, but no doubt not as strong as it could be, the student athlete, the best athletes are not automatically drawn to the red helmet anymore...to much politics and travel team favoritism...it's what kept us away...best player doesn't always get past the old boy network,...and don't talk to me about the number of lacrosse early commits, other schools have just as many. anyway, generally, early committing the top athletes just makes them gun shy to play other sports, so those kids aren't available come later years to help the school maintain an athletic standard in contact sports....academics is still top level, but so are other schools. it's a fact....other schools are on the rise...