Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the guys who consider this cheating, etc.: wake up! It happens all the time in the lax world and more and more on Long Island. Georgetown has a freshman who was born in 1996. He repeated the 9th grade ( transferred from public to private) and then did a PG year. Kid started his freshman year at age 20. Worked out for him -- he rec'd an athletic scholarship to one of the best academic schools in the US. Cheating or smart?

Cheating

Relax. This holdback thing is starting to bare the fruit I've always thought it would.
Current 2016 College Freshman at ACC school, not from LI, from parts south. Kid is from one of the two holdback hotbed areas, won't say which, as I don't want to out the kid on here.
Was ranked in the top 40 of incoming Freshman by both dopey Ty and IL.
Well, fall ball started and the Coaches were less than impressed. Kid didn't even make the team, cut in fall ball.
I've never understood these Coaches who believe that a kid who has played down his whole HS life, will suddenly thrive in an environment where he now has to play up and standout???
I imagine that this is happening all across D1 this fall. As the first super early holdback recruits hit the turf. I suspect many will never see the field and others will be gone in fall ball of sophomore year. Sure, some will do well and thrive.
However, overall, I predict we will start to see the tide turn on these holdbacks and double holdbacks. As whole, they will not pan out.
I further believe you will start to see more upsets and non-traditional teams in the top 20. Let's face it, if Molloy didn't get hurt, Brown would have won it all last year.
Let's keep watching and see if I'm right...

Browns roster was filled with heldback Prep school kids, do your research before you spew nonsense. 26 kids on their roster were prep school or catholic school kids many of them from the mid atlantic. Care to guess how many were heldback, reclassed, or did a PG? And I wouldnt exactly call Brown a "non-traditional", always been a good program. Oh and by the way, look what two teams were in the National championship, two of the biggest early recruiters out there who both carry huge rosters. Nothing will change, there will be parity in the sport because the sport is expanding but people are still going to hold back their kids, colleges are still going to early recruit, and the same teams that are always in the top 10 will remain there. Get over it and concentrate on what your kid is doing and making sure hes doing everything he can to put himself in the best position possible.

Look- simply put, Hillary Clinton would love this idea...
1) Delay entrance for kindergarten (steal advantage #1)

2) then repeat 8th grade (reclass - Steal advantage #2)

3) enter High school 2 years older than other freshman and get accolades for athletic prowess(steal advantage #3)

4) commit to college freshman year get scholarship $$$ (steal advantage #4)

5) do a year of postgrad at some New England prep school earn popularity because you can legally buy alcahol for your minor teammates (steal advantage #5)

6) enter college as a 21 year old Frosh - compete against 18 year olds (steal advantage #6)

7) do a red shirt year (Steal advantage #7)

8) senior year 26 year old competes against 18 year old in NCAA games( Steal advantage #8)

9) graduate live life as an entrepreneur offering shooting clinics/lessons for kids at the Hub and stringing sticks at Lacrosse Unlimited

Kudos to those who achieve success the Hillary way.

the cheating isnt only athletics but academics also.