Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For all the geniuses on here who "know" Long Island lacrosse, I have one question. Give me all the teams on LI, public and private, that have cuts and still field not only a JV A and B, but where the B can beat the A? And by the way, they would have a Varsity A and B if they could ever get teams to agree to play their B team. It's only a matter of time, before we see three school buses show up at away games.

I'm no genius, but I think the only other school that meets this description is St. Anthony's. What is your point? That a lot of kids try and play lax at these two schools? Not really a revelation! At Chammy 100+ kids typically try out for the Freshman team. 25% will have little to no experience. The rest will be solid - some very talented, others were above average to average. Probably ~30 kids who are decent players will get cut. Nature of the beast. Probably no different at Holy Tony's
BTW - there is no way a JV A team (freshman) beats a JV B (sophomore) team. I doubt even the vaunted Chammy 2018 class could make that happen.

The point is the two schools you mentioned have a pool of kids the publics don't have. That's it. Those schools will never be down and should win just about every game like Haverford and Boys Latin.