Originally Posted by Anonymous
This thread reminds of the conversations that were brought upon my wife I and when we decided to enroll our children in private school. As in this thread, the questions and comments received were critical and reflected insecurity and a justification from those who chose public.

The Catholics are not the end-all-be-all by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it can be argued that in most school districts, the resources available to the students is much greater.

The decision of where to send your child is personal to the family. It's in poor taste for Chaminade parents to get on a forum and boast about the superiority of their school, in the same way as it is for people to be so critical of Chaminade. It's a great thing for us to all have choices where we live.

For the poster who asked how many Chaminade kids get into the ivy's, that's truly an ignorant question. If you haven't learned by now how the Ivy admissions quota has turned away from white, male, catholic, suburban, middle to upper class, private school kids, then you need to do some more research.

yes, if you need resources, public is definitely the way to go. you basically just said that all of our white boys aren't getting into ivy league anyway because of discrimination so why bother with a private education. that's some rationale you've got going on there. again, no one had to remotely boast until the lighting it up kid's dad interjected his snide remark.

Plenty of reasons for a family to choose private beyond the chance at an Ivy admission. Success can be achieved indefinitely without an Ivy education and Ivy doesn't guarantee success. Plenty of great schools otherwise. I feel sorry for any student or parent who puts their only hope for success on an Ivy League education.

Chaminade is catholic school, not a private school. one admission criteria: take a relatively easy test, if you pass, you get in, private schools have a real application process, no standardized test to pass and are exclusive.

That test is not relatively easy for the many kids who don't make the cut