Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade comes up on the short end of a 7-5 score today playing St. Ignatius from California. Not that surprising as St. I's has a reputation for recruiting.

You're kidding with this excuse right ? How about they were just outplayed. Saint Iggy has 2 D1 senior recruits and 4 D1 junior recruits.

Chaminade has 44 D1 recruits and they lose to a CA team with 6 D1 recruits??? How is that even remotely possible? Was it coaching? What is going on with that program? Really bad loss. Watch out for St A's...

What is ridiculous is anyone who thinks counting a list of D1 commits is a measure of quality. The bar isn't high for over eager kids and dads who will pull into lower tier D1 programs or even middle tier D1 programs if they have connected club and prep coaches who can push it hard. Oh, and the lacrosse 'journalists' have a clue about where HS lacrosse is outside of the mid-Atlantic and the Tri-State? Come on. It is ridiculous that any one prep has over 20 D1 recruits, and an absolute joke that one could have 44. Chaminade is a superb program, and ALWAYS has some top players. But 15? 35? 44? Come on. That's marketing and public relations with the twitter whores who cover the sport, most prominently a guy who played volleyball and never stood on a prep or college field. I'm pretty damn good at fantasy football, thank high very much, but Belichick hasn't called. My heart will go on. Maybe yesterday wasn't Chaminade's best day, but the team they played was decent. And no, I didn't see 10 obvious D1 recruits on that SI team. Maybe one to three is a better guess. Frankly, I haven't seen a prep team save for Boys' Latin in 2013 or Haverford in 2015 that had 5-6 OBVIOUS future D1 standouts. I have to say I respect Chaminade's program and coaches for their consistent excellence at the HS level, but I find this parental 'enthusiasm' to be a bit too far into the lunatic fringe. Your sons lost a high school lacrosse game people, and they weren't robbed or cheated. SI was two goals better than you yesterday. It's called sports.