Originally Posted by Anonymous

I just heard this horrible news today. I am truly saddened. This decision has hurt the young men who will never get the Pomps experience. A guy that every kid connected with. He is straight up, honest, approachable, encouraging, passionate about the game, real guy, loved the sports he coached, loved the kids he coached. Awesome man who smiled cause he was happy doing what he did. How unfortunate that the future Chaminade boys are unknowingly being punished by not having access to a mentor like Pomps.

I guarantee he wasn't upset about losing. I bet he was pissed about the disregard for the discipline and hard work that goes into building a team, the lack of respect for your team and coaches by not caring, the individual selfishness vs the pride of family / team. I played for that man. I know how he's wired. I now coach my own children with the same passion and love and demand for "give it your best... no excuse" mentality that Pomps brought to work and taught everyday.

What words could he have possibly said that demanded such a punishment?? The passion, although maybe too much at that moment, IS the lesson to those young men. Teach them to be passionate, dedicated, driven to excellence, hard working, empowered, and focused. Losing is NOT okay. Compete to Win!! Don't be so cavalier about losing.

Playing for Pomps was a great time in my life and for so many guys I'm still friends with 27 years later. Chaminade is an amazing place. It breeds young men who are hungry to be great in many ways...in classrooms, on the fields, with your family. We left there ready, driven and hungry. Nothing was handed to us.

Chaminade got this one wrong. It is a worse place without Pomps on the field. That guy came to school everyday to teach so he could get out on that field in the afternoon. He loves those kids, they love him and the next generation will not know him because of this incident. Its wrong and unjust.

Chaminade hasn't been an amazing place for a while now. They have tons of money so they will stay relevant for as long as they want, but the world has caught on to them and in some ways caught up to them. This is just another sign that the golden era of Chaminade is over.

We'll all just take your word for that, OK?
Thanks for helping shed light on the subject of Chaminade's status.

The thousands of kids who attended the open house this weekend should have stayed home. The 16 Bloomberg terminals at the school (the only HS to have such a program) should be shut off. They should not proceed with the breaking of ground for the multi million dollar STEM Center this year. The significantly above average SAT scores and College enrollment will immediately cease. No future grad will ever be a success because you say Chaminade is no longer amazing and the golden era is over.

Thanks for your help on this.

Pretty easy to have above average SAT scores and College Enrollment when you only take the smartest kids to begin with. Relax, Chaminade is not taking an average academic kid and making him a scholar. They are taking scholars and reaping the benefits of their achievements. Achievements these same kids had before they went to the school, and would have had, had they never attended. Oh, and if you falter or struggle, you're out. When they start taking average kids and making huge improvements with those kids, let us know. Until then, stop spouting. Kind of like Hopkins saying we're great at Lacrosse because we're Hopkins. They are great because they have the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Still can't win a Championship, but that's another story completely.

What's your point?? It's a great school. Great schools take the brightest kids.