Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Lets do this comparison. You have states like MD where the kindergarten cutoff date is Sept. So now a Sept 2000 kid in NY would be a 2018 grad. In Maryland he or she is now going to start school next Sept so will be a 2019. Parents hold back and now is a 2020 graduate. Now this MD kid decides to go to a private after doing a 9th grade year in public school and will repeat that 9th grade year at private so is now a 2021 graduate of high school. Happens all the time.

What I don;t get is that if a kid is a holdback AND reclassifies, before 10th grade, don't recruiters see through this and basically realize they are watching a 'high school' kid dominate middle schoolers??

That's not going to change in college - will always be playing against younger kids. It's not like he has to jump to his junior year when he enters college at 20 yrs old.

Most don't continue to standout. When you've been playing down for the last five years it's tough to face men who are just as big and strong. Only now they're more talented. It's called facing the music. My 16 yo played in committed games this summer, he was playing against many 19 and 20 year old 2016's. Not all that great skill wise. Some gave him cheap shots when they got burned, kind of laughable actually. I predict many of these kids moving forward will wash out, get cut, or never play.