Originally Posted by Anonymous
So if you are 4th and 9th in the nation with 100's of kids coming out for the team, how does 123rd in the nation stack up with 15 kids that can play and underclassmen filling in the voids? I guess coaching does matter.

No doubt coaching matters. Chaminade's is off the charts terrible with the talent they have there this year. To end the season with potentially 7 losses is the worst season in 20 years. But they will blame the kids and say they didn't listen to their 1981 offense that they keep running (again, a former goalie is their offensive coordinator). The game has passed those coaches by. Maybe they should worry about teaching the kids instead of trying to be tough guys. Also, they should probably stop playing politics - as bad there as anywhere I have seen it (and I have 4 kids).

St. As is a little better because they don't have nearly the talent this year that Chaminade has but has beat them twice (albeit by 1 goal each time).

Like a previous poster said. With the amount of talent on these teams the coaches could just roll out a ball and get 12 wins - looks like that's what they did this year...
[/quote]
Being a goalie has nothing to do with it. Just an FYI the coach of the Washington Capitals is a former Hofstra lacrosse player. They are a pretty damn good hockey team. They're are many people coaching who were defensive players coaching offenses and offensive players coaching defense. It's the coach, not the former position. Was he a D1 goalie? I'm sure his many years of lacrosse opened him up to offenses, and also, who better to know offensive strategy than a goalie? He has seen it all, played against it, knows what works, what doesn't.