Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if you go position by position...if sophs were on varsity they would be starting all over field.

If you are in the know, you would remember that the 2017 class beat the 2018 class by 15-17 goals in a shortened scrimmage last year. Where is the change in outcome coming from all of the sudden. There have been no additions and actually a few committed kids have gone back to their public schools. Please let it be known that these Sophomores are great players as are the Juniors. I am not knocking the Sophomores just someone trying to stir the pot or a Sophomore parent who is a bit overzealous. I like to provide facts. This is not fantasy its reality where results occur on the actual field of play head to head.

So I guess this guy's right.

I am right in these ways.

1. Chaminade does it correctly by letting players develop and then bring them up. Yes there are the really truly exceptional players that have been brought up in the past. I think that these players might have filled holes or added depth that was not on the varsity during that year.

2. Both the 2017 and 2018 classes are loaded with talent. You cant deny that. Cant forget the senior class also.

3. 99% of the time kids are fine with waiting their turn. Its certain parents who think that corners should be cut for them. I am happy Chaminade stands its ground against some of these overzealous parents.

With the perceived inflexible environment of Chaminade, does anyone see this as a deterrent to those scholar athletes whom originally may have chose Chaminade. Those scholar athletes may want to play varsity sooner. Does any one think this impacted 2019 or 2020 core of athletes. (yes yes the argument could be it would be hard to hard for '19/20 leap frog those 2018's anyway so it might also act as an excuse for those grades to stay on JV.

This has been the tradition. I could understand if it was changed after you enrolled. I dont think it has been detrimental to the placement of players at the next level. The overall recruiting has been stellar at Chaminade. Look how many players they have playing at the top schools D1 and D3. To know what you are getting into and to follow that path is actually kind of a good thing, No? Think about it, you dont have to worry about playing Varsity until 11th grade and no one frowns about it. Parents really shouldn't complain either because it is the way Chaminade has done it for a long time. I think there are always those who think they should be the exception to the rule.

I hear you, i do, but do you think some of those truly exceptional LI players are not considering it because there isn't a chance to move up. 2017 had lots of hype as 2018 had, I am sure both thought they would help Chaminade change their stripes and get moved up.

If ever they proved they wont change was with these groups. No doubt for the next 3 years they will be touted as one of the best, if '17 & '18 gel watch out, but what happens after '18's are gone.

In this day & age and era, will they stand fast and fight the revolution which could prove to be the beginning of the end. or will they evolve with the times. Evolution or revolution what will it be!